Monday, December 18, 2006

More lit

There are things that I want. Oh yes, there are things that I NEED...

These are the books and such that I wish I had money to buy right now:

Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman. It's his new short story collection. I like Neil Gaiman because he manages to weave fantasy and real life together with the language of myth. That takes both balls and an education. That, and he's a good writer. I also wouldn't mind his last novel: Anansi Boys.

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. C'mon. Who doesn't want to have sex with teenage girls, really? And Mike, don't act like you don't, fucker. I'm on to you. All debauchery aside, it is in the top ten best novels every time, so how bad could it be?

The Blind Assasin by Margret Atwood. I read the Handmaid's Tale a long time ago, and I am just not that in to feminism. But Oryx and Crake is just pure story. I am loving it. So now I have to try a new one.

Focoult's Pendulum by (**** can't remember. Same guy who wrote The Name of the Rose). Maybe I'm grown up enough to read this now.

Every album by Sam Cook. This guy got more ass than a toilet seat, siring three children to three different women, all in the same month. He also invented pop music with bluesy, soulful tones.

Orphans by Tom Waits. Really, how can you not buy the new Waits album?

Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris. I'm low brow. Get over it.

The graphic novelization of the comic book Fables. I dig on comics. And I get laid. Let me say that again: I dig comics AND I get laid. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

A Practical Dictionary of Chinese Medicine by Nigel Wisemen: This thing is complete: Almost 1500 pages of etiology. How can a person go their whole life without knowing what "duck slop diarrhea" is, or for that matter, "running piglet qi" ? How's about "steaming bone disease," huh? Same diseases, cooler names, baby.

I want so many things, damnit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home