Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Crick

I woke up this morning with a curious and intense pain in my neck-- it was distending, and it spread all around my back and my head. When I focused on it, I could feel one point in particular that was white hot. As the morning went on, my traps and my neck tightened back into their normal state of painful constriction, but I am left wondering about that little spot. It's funny how old injuries can live on in our bodies, and the only way we deal with them is to build a nest of constriction and desensitized mass around the area.

I wonder how much emotional trauma gets stuffed into a little bundle of dead tissue and left to rot?

So, about.com has accepted me into "prep" for their Taoism page. Prep is a seventeen day course where you build an about.com site, while submitting articles so they can review your content. The templates are easy to follow, and I have done pretty well so far... I'm pulling pretty hard, because, Frankly, I NEED the money. Starting guides make 725.00 a month, and that would pay about two thirds of our bills. As your hit count grows, you make more, but you will never make less than that. Sweet.

Life has been hard, lately. So it goes.

If any women are reading this page (which I sincerely doubt, at this point), I need you to understand something: Men, and human beings in general, ARE NOT PERFECT. We forget to do things. We occasionally leave hair on the floor when we sweep. We rarely are able to find the optimum balance between being a GUY guy (where we can do carpentry, rough you up in a good way, and command a real sense of authority), and being sensitive, egalitarian, and modern.

Let me tell you a secret: I don't have the same capacity for emotion as you do. I'm one of a small handful of things at any given time: Happy, Angry, Horny, Annoyed, Sad, Neutral.

You, on the other hand, can have intricate shades of emotion layered on top of one another... For example, you feel wistful, sad, and fat, with an undercurrant of resentfulness tempered with a shade of guilt.

So, please, women out there, understand something: We men just want to be happy, horny, or neutral. Despite what you might think, it is relatively easy to please us. You, on the other hand, are an enigma. So don't blame us when we fuck it all up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home