Friday, March 09, 2007

Failure

Well, approximately fourteen days into the seventeen day prep program for about.com, I got my ass dropped. It wasn't about my content, but rather, site creation stuff, which is only nominally less depressing. I guess that the bottom line of this very time consuming foray into writing for the web is that I am not fantastic with rigid requirements.

Or any requirements, for that matter.

I think that it is time for me to review a few things, make a few changes to the way I operate. It is clear that I am able to wiggle and finagle my way through, occasionally shining, often failing, but I am tired of holding myself back for no other reason beyond sheer unwillingness to do anything that I don't want to do. Couple that with some fairly severe procrastination issues, and what you have, ladies and gents, is a loser.

But not just any loser... no, I am a loser who doesn't need to be a loser. A real slacker.

I think that the problem is that my life lacks structure, and without structure, I tend not to do the things I should be doing. For instance, right now, I could be writing, cleaning, meditating, working out, or even (ugh) studying for the test I have tomorrow-- a test that I really shouldn't try to pull out of my ass. But instead, I am tinkering around on my blog.

I think I need to put a little thought into it, and create a schedule for myself.

That, and I need to quit smoking (again).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home