Thursday, March 22, 2007

Good things

So I have nailed down a space to practice acupuncture for after I graduate. I will be an "associate" at Xin Xing Acupuncture with Dr. Xinmin Zhao. This rocks. For starters, I only have to pay a small percentage of my per-patient fee to the business, and I get use of a crazy nice medical office space. Further, I get to learn from one of the best practitioners of Chinese medicine that I know. It's a relief, I tell you.

I'll tell you what else-- it was sweaty work walking in to someone else's clinic and asking if I could set up shop there. By the end of it, she was pumped. So was I. And my wife may think I am a big pussy (shut up, Mike), but it took some balls to sell my self to that woman, and I am proud.

I just read "Understanding Comics," by Scott McCloud, and it rocked my world. It is a treatise on life through the lens of, well comics. Again, shut up, Mike. This will definitely change the way that you look at any kind of cartoon/comix. It blew my friggin' mind.

I am also on page 249 of the novel, and it is just starting to make my hands sweat a little. I have given myself an April 20th deadline to finish the goddamned thing. I'm shooting for around 100 more pages, which will bring it in at just around eighty thousand words. Incidently, I hit the fifty thousand work mark a while ago, completing the national novel writing month in just four months.

Good stuff, all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home